Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Miracles and Mayonnaise

¡Hola Familia y amigos!

This week I don't have a ton of time to write- we had to go to migrations this morning for Hermana Sanchez - but I'm going to give you a quick- efficient update!

We worked hard and had success serving and finding new investigators this week!

Our work was uninterrupted until Wednesday morning I realized my head was itching like crazy and we figured out my lice had made a strong comeback. Talking with Hermana Evans - mission president's wife- we went to Campo Grande Thursday to wash and dry ALL of our shirts, sheets, blankets, scarves, etc, and we did a home-treatment that consisted of drowning our hair in mayonnaise overnight and throughout a day, then washing it out with lice-killer shampoo. So fun. We got back to work in our area Friday. Saturday we had divisions and I worked in Salado with Hermana Brunelle, she's so cute and we had a fun day. Sunday we enjoyed stake conference and today we've been running all over the place, as usual, preparing for this upcoming week.

Quick miracle story: Yesterday we took a long, short-cut through yuyal (jungle?/weed field) in our area in the early afternoon to get to an appointment with an investigator. It was raining and no one was out. When we got to the dead center- the farthest point away from humans on all sides, we ran into a man walking with a knife in hand. I felt a calm come over me, tightened my grip on my closed umbrella and hard cover, contacting Book of Mormon and got ready to fight or fly, depending on what he wanted. As he came closer I walked taller, saluted him and... nothing happened. We just kept walking. We were probably the closest I've ever been to being robbed or worse in my mission, the man had slowed down his pace, looked us both in the face- the odds were not in our favor- but he just saluted us in return and nothing happened. Seriously- it was a miracle. We are so protected.

With love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr