Monday, August 29, 2016

Still Going Strong

¡Hola familia y amigos!

It's been another good week here in Salado. Changes happened and Hermana Sanchez and I are happy to continue working hard here in barrio Salado.

Not much to tell - this week has been fairly normal. The Elders had a baptism this Saturday - awesome! Only the bishop and two friends of the joven being baptized came though - not so awesome. We're working on getting the ward more involved and excited about missionary work.

Today we had a zone activity and we got to play volleyball again! It was raining a little bit, so we got a little wet, but it was still fun.

Even though it was a normal week, there has been a variety of embarrassing moments for Hermana Carr: in the same day I asked someone who wasn't pregnant if she was expecting and, after his friend had advised me, tried talking to a deaf, mute man. It's ok though, because the world is just, and in the last few days I have had a drunk call me "guapo" (not guapa), a member told me I'd gained weight and a big spider ran out from underneath my chair during a Noche de Hogar we had with our recent converts. Awesome.

We're still going strong though - doing our best to enjoy every minute. We're not perfect, but it's been my goal everyday to be able to come back to the apartment and say "I did my best". (DyC 123:17)

With love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr