Monday, September 28, 2015

Signs of the Times

Hola!

This week started out with a TON of heat. On Tuesday we woke up, started sweating during exercises and then didn't stop sweating for the rest of the day. Even though it was demasiado calor early in the week, by Sunday I had my sweater and leggings on. I think Paraguay has Utah beat for the bipolar weather award. The humidity magnifies whatever the heat or cold is and we have had both heat and cold this week.

Recently my compaƱera and I have been working on contacting. While contacting we kept hearing about a guy everyone calls the "abuelito" in the Bosque. On Wednesday we finally met him! Turns out there is a grandpa with a whole family up in the Bosque that haven't been to church in over two years. When we came to visit abuelito was so excited! He made us juice and gave us a bunch of "bananas de oro"- mini bananas. It was so cute. He came to church on Sunday and participated a lot in the Principios del Evangelio class.

Earlier this week we were walking by the bishops house when we saw this HUGE bonfire going in the field across the road. We asked people if it was ok and they said it was normal- some guy was just cleaning out his yard. That's spring cleaning in Paraguay for ya.

On Saturday we did divisions with the Hermana Leaders and I was Hermana Jones' companion for the day in Limpio. I was able to understand a lot of what was going on (even though I was out of context with the people) and that made me feel a lot more confident in my Spanish-speaking abilities. I'm still nowhere near where I need to be with Spanish, but it's coming! Poco a poco.

Last night we were able to view the "blood moon" from our patio. It was very cool to see and very cold outside. To celebrate the occasion I have been reading up on the "signs of the times" and the prophecies concerning our day in the scriptures. Scary/cool things, but what's most important is to continue to strive to live righteously and wait with hope for the second coming of our Savior!

Love you all!

Hermana Carr

When it's hot it's hot


And when it's cold it's cold

Spring cleaning in Paraguay