Monday, October 3, 2016

Happy Conference Weekend!

¡Hola Familia y Amigos!

It's been a good week here in Salado. It's been awesome to be able to get out and work this week. We've been really focusing on helping our recent converts and menos activos progress and, through them, we found three people, ready to make changes in their lives, and are now preparing for baptism at the end of October! Seriously - with members missionary work runs a lot smoother and progresses a lot faster.

General Conference weekend, for me, is right up next to Christmas - I always wait in anticipation and feel uplifted and ready to put new goals afterward. This conference I felt that every session had a principle or theme that I learned from or that the spirit impressed me with. After the Saturday sessions my companion and I were talking over the various talks given. For my companion, she felt that in every talk they said something about talking to people, sharing the gospel and strengthening our testimony. For me, I felt that most of the talks were geared towards prayer, developing faith and being valiant in our testimonies of Christ. The most beautiful thing about scripture is that we all hear or read the same words from the same people and books, but the spirit tells us each something unique, or calls to our attention something that applies to our personal spiritual growth at that time. I know it's true when I feel enlightened and edified, motivated and directed after. (2 Nefi 32:3)

Hermana Sanchez has now finished her training! We've become best friends and I'm confident she's going to help a lot of souls throughout her mission.

Wishing everyone a Happy Conference Weekend!

With love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr