Monday, September 26, 2016

Sick Week :(

¡Hola familia y amigos!

I don't have too much to write this week - we spent most of it getting better.

My sinus infection got a little worse before it got better, but we made it through the pain and discomfort and I'm now on a definite upswing. I have been humbled by the service and love that has been shown to me this week. My companion was by my side through it all - she is seriously an angel and definitely one of my best friends. She served me like crazy - I couldn't even sneeze without her handing me some toilet paper (we haven't found Kleenex here). The Elders were there to give me blessings of health and comfort and even bought our groceries for us. The members came and did divisions with us so that my companion could go visit with people and, while on divisions, the President of Relief Society Hna Jara cleaned our apartment while I slept. Hermana Evans was on the phone with us every day while I was still pretty rough and the doctor called her to follow up on how I was doing. Even though it was pretty rough for a moment, I was not short on angels lifting me up.

On Friday we were able to go out for a bit and by Saturday I was well enough to atleast walk and talk to people. As far as missionary work goes we had a pretty fun weekend- We participated in the ward choir and had two Noche de Hogares Wasu (big family nights). This next week we are looking forward to more Noche de Hogares Wasu and General Conference! We will be able to view the transmission in our chapel and the members are very grateful to not have to go all the way to the stake center to see it.

It's been a great lesson in patience this week. I take heart in the scriptures and the stories of Alma and the Sons of Mosiah. (Alma 17:9-12)

With love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr