Monday, October 24, 2016

I Hope They Call Me On a Mission

¡Hola Familia y Amigos!

It has been a fun, HOT week here in Paraguay!

So- to follow up on last week's email- right after we left the Ciber the AC guys called us and came Tuesday morning to replace our air-conditioning! Prayers are answered. We missed our District Meeting, but we have slept very well ever since.

Stake Conference went well. It was really cool to be able to share my testimony through piano. I didn't even mess up badly! Just minor errors and no one noticed.

It was an uplifting conference and it was cool seeing faithful members from all over the Stake.
Even though it's been caloroso and we're still working to find those ready to come unto Christ and progress, we've been meeting a lot of cool people and serving in the ways we can. Yesterday was probably one of the coolest days in my mission. In the morning I was able to use my talents to accompany the music. Later that day we went to the house of an investigator who lives with his sick, very old, bed-ridden mother called Ña Manu and in the middle of our lesson Ña Manu reached out her hand and said, to me, "Señorita, te voy a hablar ahorra" (Miss, I'm going to talk to you now), and upon taking her hand she just talked to me about everything and anything in Jopara- I didn't understand everything she said but I just felt so much love for her. Later, we went to our recent convert's house and I got to play with Sergio (their little brother) with his makeshift slingshot and almost pegged my comp on accident. At the end of the day we went to Jorgelina's house- one of the most amazing people I have ever met - and she shared her sopa Paraguaya with us. After planning my comp and I just talked laughed and, at the end of the day I didn't want it to end. Not all the days are like that- even yesterday it wasn't a perfect day- but some days are just worth it. Being a missionary is awesome. (Alma 34:38)

Funny story: Earlier this week we were talking with a girl outside of her house and she told us that she had school-off because of exams. Upon leaving said girl my comp told her, "Disfruta su libertad" (enjoy your liberty). I just about spat out my chupa-chu (otter pop) I was laughing so hard.

With love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr