Monday, August 15, 2016

Lice, Doritos, and new beds

¡Hola familia y amigos!

I am happy to report after a few special-shampoo/conditioner treatments and contacting a lot we have won the war with lice and found new, progressing investigators!

It's been a long week, but we've been able to do a lot. We've washed our clothes with boiling water, little by little, used the shampoo Hermana Evans suggested and, from our own evaluations, we're lice free! I now keep my hair up or in a braid when we go out every day.

We've also found a few new investigators and one even came to church this week! We are excited and hopeful. We've also been working on helping people keep commitments. Keeping commitments is part of the repentance process and helps us experiment if we are taking steps towards Heavenly Father or away from Him. A lot of the time I've found that I don't receive an answer until I act and then wait for correction. It's usually taking the first step, keeping the first commitment, that seems to be the hardest for our investigators and the menos-activos we work with. (Juan 7:17)

Apart from finding new investigators and conquering our bugs, WE GOT NEW BEDS!!!! It's been over a year since I've slept on a bed that hasn't been used by who knows how many missionaries before me. Seriously, tender mercies.

And we found Doritos. :) Enough said.

With love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr