Monday, February 1, 2016

From Dirt Roads to City Streets

This week has been crazy.

After six months I have finished my time in my “birth” area. On Tuesday I said my goodbyes and left Hermana Córdova and a piece of my heart with the people in Colonia, Juan de Salazar. Wednesday morning I moved to the ward Moroni in North Asuncion to finish the training of Hermana Santos.

It’s been a big change to go from the suburban and fields of yuyal to the inner city missionary life, but I love love love Moroni. We have the temple in our proselyting area and pass by it just about every day. We even had a lesson with a menos active on the temple grounds. SO cool. I LOVE IT!!! Also, Hermana Santos is great. I’m supposed to be her trainer, but I think she’s training me more. She’s a great example of someone who’s here to love everyone and spread the good news of the gospel.

Yesterday we were able to help a family of investigators come to church for the first time and it was a great experience. The kids weren’t comfortable attending Primary without their mom so we ended up going to Primary for the first time in my mission. I got to help out by playing the piano for the Primary songs, we ate cookies and even got to color. Gospel Principles class is great, but Primary’s awesome. As great as Primary was, we’re hoping the kids are more accustomed and next week we’ll be able to help the mom meet and learn in the adult classes.

I hope all is well!

With love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr



last day of proselyting in Juan de Salazar