Monday, November 16, 2015

Hot, Hot and Hotter- the Story of Living in Humidity

¡Hola familia y amigos!

We have had an incredibly productive week here in Juan de Salazar. Hermana Còrdova and I are working to become more effective misioneras and we have been contacting more new investigators and having more lessons. It's starting to get harder to write in English - I've also been working on only reading, listening and speaking in Spanish. As a result of all this work we're exhausted, but it's a good exhausted.

Walking all day everyday has started to become a full-out work out with the heat. We often arrive at houses sweating awful, but one thing I love about Paraguay is people always offer us cold water and, after sitting through a lesson, we're always ready to walk and sweat again. The Spring weather has been somewhat bi-polar, with a range from warm to hot. It gets really really humid and hot right before it rains and then it rains one night and we have fresh air again. Today it is raining a ton, so we're looking forward to starting off this week with fresh air.

Both Hermana Còrdova and I have been burning from the sun and my arms are getting tired of using my umbrella everywhere we go, so today we bought sombreros piri from an artesana shop in Limpio! I'm excited to leave my umbrella in the house this week.
This week, as a mission, we've been studying about the Atonement. I am so grateful for the Atonement and our ability to change for the better because of it.

I hope everyone has great week.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my bro Chance!

With love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr

Ponderize scripture of the week: Mosiah 3:19