Monday, October 12, 2015

#estadoParaguayo

¡Hola!

We have had a full week of sun/heat and then rain/cold.

At the beginning of this week I got a little sunburned because I forgot to put on sun block and the sun was super strong, so the following days I decided to use my umbrella. What started out as protection from the sun turned into protection from the rain- it's been sprinkling/misting/raining pretty steadily for the past few days now. Hermana Getz and I decided to trade mark the hashtag "estado Paraguayo" for all of the occasions when we need umbrellas. I have definitely been super grateful for my rain boots this week- they help with all the mud and wet and cold, loving them!

On one of the hot days a future investigator we visited gave us a thing of "dulce de batata". Dulce de batata is like Thanksgiving in a chilly jello/jam-like block, it tastes just like candied yams. SO GOOD!

On Thursday Hermana Gomez gave us cow hoof again... this time Heavenly Father had my back- I'd been prompted to bring a plastic grocery bag to put my scriptures in if it started to rain again, but instead my compañera and I slyly put the parts of lunch we couldn't stomach in the empty grocery bag and then later threw it to some dogs. #blessed

This weekend we've had a rough time finding people ready to receive us because of the rain. We started "exploring" the limits of our area trying to find more people and we found a SUPER Catholic lady that told us she prays for an hour every morning and goes to church three times a week. We had a nice lesson with her revolving around our common beliefs about the importance of family and strengthening the youth in this generation. We left her with a Book of Mormon and are hoping to follow up this week.

On Sunday it was rainy and our lessons were few and far between, but there we saw a full-arch rainbow that was way bright that made our day.

I hope all is well at home!

Much love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr

My ponderize scripture this week: 1 Nefi 17: 2-3