Monday, July 25, 2016

Lizard Killer

¡Hola familia y amigos!

We've had a pretty tranquilo week here in Salado.

This week Hermana Sanchez and I have been putting in practice "how to begin teaching" from Preach my Gospel and we've found a variety of new investigators and, also, have been able to quickly discern who wants to investigate and who is just kind and willing to listen to us. I love Paraguay because the people are very friendly and usually open to letting us in the door. However, many people aren't very interested in actually investigating the church. We keep on the lookout and make a return appointment for the ones who are truly interested in learning more.

Wednesday, after our personal study, Hermana Sanchez found a little "friend" living in our house. We're not sure how long he'd been there or how he got in, but don't worry - I took care of it. After about a 1/2 hour of scheming and trapping, I finally got the lizard under a Tupperware and then scooted it out the door to let it be free. I couldn't let it come back in our house though and thought that by flinging it a little ways down the stairs it would fall and scramble off somewhere else. Sadly I underestimated my brute strength and sent the poor creature flying off the staircase and, upon impact, it ended up dying at the bottom of our stairs... oops. I'm just glad it wasn't a tarantula.

On Saturday Hermana Sanchez completed a month since she left home. We celebrated by getting Lomitos arabe, one of my favorite things about Paraguay.

Today we deep cleaned and lizard proofed the house, I got a hair cut/trim really and we had a nice lunch in Luque. Working hard, loving every minute. (Alma 32: 41)

With love sent from Paraguay,

Hermana Carr