Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 28 - Four weeks down, two to go!

¡Holá!

It has been another long but great week here at el CCM.

Our Proselitismo return appointments didn't quite turn out the way we wanted them to, but we met and had actual conversations with people this time! We are moving to a different area this next Saturday, so we got some references for the missionaries who serve there full time. We are far from fluent, but we are learning and getting better!

This last Tuesday our second wave of Latino missionaries and the other group of North Americans left- we got to know the other North American district pretty well so it was sad to see them go. It has given us hope that two more weeks isn't that long though! New North Americans arrived today and we are excited to get to know them.

The days are becoming blurs of monotony, but mis compañeras and I try to keep things ¡fresco como la lechuga! (our teacher Hermano Cristeche taught us that one haha).

We do workouts during actividad física and try our best to memorize something everyday/throughout the week. We also love to laugh and the Elders keep us entertained, so it's not so bad.

I've been studying the Holy Ghost this week and the characteristics/attributes of the spirit and I had a cool insight. In 1 Nephi 17:47 Nephi describes himself as being so full of the spirit he had no more strength. There are also many other examples in the scriptures where someone- after they saw a vision or other spiritual experiences- was exhausted by having the spirit so much. It occurred to me that maybe working with the spirit is like working a muscle - at first we are weak and it is exhausting, but after a while we build up strength, become more in tune with the spirit and become more like what Heavenly Father envisions us as. Here in the CCM I'm exhausted at the end of everyday even though I've only been sitting in a classroom all day. Part of it may be just trying to learn Spanish, but I think it also comes from trying my best everyday to be obedient and have the spirit with me constantly. One day I hope to be spiritually ripped!

I hope all is well with everyone, I love you all!

¡Estoy aquí porque yo amo a toda la gente de Paraguay!

Hermana Carr

I love being a missionary! Bs. As. Temple on a perfectly sunny day=paradise




us being silly with our roommates that left this last Tuesday