Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 7 - CCM

Hola mi familia y amigos!

(psych! my p-day is on Thursday, sorry about that)

I can't believe it's been only seven days since I've arrived! It feels like it's been a year, I've learned so much.

After saying goodbye to my familia, I met Hermana Carlson and Elder Cottam at the gate. We flew to Atlanta and met pretty much all of the people in our district here en el CCM (distrito Mormón) and then had a long flight to Argentina. We got to the CCM a little later than planned, but they immediately started getting us into our rooms, doing introductions and starting us off on a good note. Mis compañeras are Hermana Carlson and Hermana Porter, both are going to the Uruguay Montevideo Oeste mission. I love them so much! They keep me sane here. All of the Norte Americanos that arrived on the same day as I did are in our districto of nine - three hermanas y six elders - except for Elder Parada who was moved to the 2 week track because he already knows Spanish pretty well.

The first 3-4 days were kinda rough - in a MTC video a guy said "the first days are like drinking from a fire hydrant - you get some water but mostly your face just hurts". SO TRUE. I couldn't understand any Spanish yet, so I really had a lot of time to think about why I am out here. I am here because I've felt the power of the atonement in my life and I want to share it with those I love - just as Lehi wanted to share the fruit of the tree of life in his dream with his family after he partook of the fruit (1 nefi 8). I love everyone and now I have a special place in my heart for the people of Paraguay. Learning and teaching the gospel in Spanish is HARD - but I'm doing this for the Paraguayans.

The days are long, the food is mostly meat (awesome) and cheese sauces (not so awesome), this place is tiny and the work y schedule is exhausting, but I feel like this is where I'm meant to be and I feel satisfied and the end of every day. My district makes me laugh SO hard everyday and the spirit is so strong here. I feel the support of your prayers.

I love you all! Yo sé que nuestro Padre Celestíal os ama tambien!

Estoy aqui porque yo amo a toda la gente de Paraguay.

Con amor,
Hermana Carr